The Bakery Manager is responsible for the production and packaging of baked goods in support of the Barriques cafe locations and wholesale accounts in the Madison area. This position also spearheads the development of new menu items and has supervisory responsibilities for the small team that works in the bakery.
- Read simple production lists and weigh, measure and pack items with efficiency and accuracy.
- Meet daily deadlines for production and packaging.
- Operate mixers, blenders, scales, and heating devices used in bakery production.
- Properly store and rotate all bakery product and ingredients.
- Clean used dishes and work space regularly, and before leaving for the day.
- Communicate with management/ownership about any equipment maintenance needs.
- Invoicing and inventory as needed.
- Follow all safe food handling policies and procedures.
- Provide supervision and direction to the other bakery employees.
Strong foundation of knowledge of creating and producing baked goods is preferred. Must be able to function under limited supervision.
Able to communicate verbally, and understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Knowledge of bakery preparation and service standards, health, safety, and sanitation procedures.
- Ability to read and adjust recipes with weights & measures, and menus.
- Health and dental insurance after 60 days of full time status (30 hours or more).
Employment Type: Full Time
Salary: $35,000 - $50,000(DOE)