The daytime commissary kitchen prep cook will be responsible for the preparation and packaging of all commissary food items that are sold at the six Barriques cafe locations in the Madison area.
- Read and follow recipes precisely to produce a variety of deli items used in the cafes.
- Follow daily production schedules and task lists.
- Read simple production lists and weigh, measure and pack items with efficiency and accuracy.
- Meet daily deadlines for production and packaging
- Operate food processors, blenders, scales, and heating devices used in food production..
- Clean used dishes and work space regularly, and before leaving for the day.
- Communicate with management/ownership about any equipment maintenance needs.
- Invoicing and inventory as needed
- Assist stores in filling food needs when they run short.
- Follow all safe food handling policies and procedures.
- High school diploma or GED
- Must be 18 years or older to operate equipment.
- Prior food service preferred, ideally in a prep cook capacity or in a production kitchen.
- Ability to work well within a team.
- Ability to accept feedback and guidance, and seek guidance when needed.
- Good character, integrity, and adaptability.
- Ability to take initiative.
- Ability to multitask while paying close attention to detail.
- Possesses strong physical stamina.
- Has good organizational skills.
- Likes to work in, and keep, a clean environment.
- Desire and ability to learn and do tasks as assigned.
- Daytime hours! No nights required. Days are typically Mon-Fri.
- The same great perks our cafe staff receives: free coffee drinks while on shift, 30% non-alcohol products (food and merchandise), and 15% discount on alcoholic items.
- Competitive pay.
- Health and dental insurance after 60 days of full time status (30 hours or more).
- Relaxed , predictable work environment with a well-established local favorite.